Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
I just upgraded my Powerbook g4 to Leopard from Tiger. Ever since the upgrade, I am having a difficult time streaming video from the internet, with sites such as youtube and Hulu. The video is quite sluggish.

Now, I've done some internet research, and have discovered that this is a very common problem. I have not, however, been able to find a fix for this issue. Has anyone else been able to repair this issue with the Powerbook g4 and video streaming?

Thanks.

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
Add more ram.

Not that simple - I just upgraded it to 2GB from 512mb. Video was fine under Tiger. I'll try disabling flash, but some websites, such as Hulu, make it mandatory...

Any more permanent suggestions that don't affect my web experince?

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
If you downgrade your version of Flash from 10 to 9, you'll see some performance improvement. Alternatively, you could try using Flash 10.1... I've found it to be just as fast as Flash 9.

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
Yes, do install the newest and pretty stable beta of Flash 10.1, you will see improvements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.