PDA

View Full Version : APPLE NEWTON eMATE 300 FOR SALE!

Nayeem13
Aug 25, 2004, 01:33 PM
This is a great blast from the past. It was the top of the line computer in 1998 and cost $800 then! I received it as a gift, but it has only been used less than 20 times.

The eMate 300 is unlike any other computer, designed to take the abuse that would make any PowerBook or MessagePad user scream in terror. It has a rugged translucent shell to protect it from several drops from high altitudes like desks, bookbags, etc. It also hides all the circuitry under the shell to prevent any dirt, food, drinks, or water from shorting out the machine. This is a feature unfortunately absent from other Apple keyboards as anyone who eats while computing can tell you. But probably the most appealing feature for its young demographic is the fact that it looks really cool. It comes complete with instruction manual and printer and power cords--along with bonus items such as email software and a 33.6 modem card!

This computer can exchange data with MAC 0S and also Windows-based computers. Like today's palm-pilots the screen has hand-writing recognition and you can write anything from notes to doodles with the included stylus. In addition to word processing, drawing, and calendar/address book tools there is a powerful graphing calculator tool. The eMate runs a 25 MHz 710a RISC processor and has 3MB RAM, and 2MB of flash memory to store applications and files. It has a screen that is slightly larger than that of a MessagePad 2000, but has the same 480x320 backlit (a cool green color) display. It also has a serial port that can connect to printers and an AppleTalk network, and send files using its infrared IrDA port at up to 115 kbps within 1 meter. You can browse the web by adding web browsing software.

This computer can exchange data with MAC 0S and also Windows-based computers. Like today's palm-pilots the screen has hand-writing recognition and you can write anything from notes to doodles with the included stylus. In addition to word processing, drawing, and calendar/address book tools there is a powerful graphing calculator tool. The eMate runs a 25 MHz 710a RISC processor and has 3MB RAM, and 2MB of flash memory to store applications and files. It has a screen that is slightly larger than that of a MessagePad 2000, but has the same 480x320 backlit (a cool green color) display. It also has a serial port that can connect to printers and an AppleTalk network, and send files using its infrared IrDA port at up to 115 kbps within 1 meter. You can browse the web by adding web browsing software.

Interesting facts:

This little machine has gained a lot of recognition and press time. Nicknamed "BatNewt" it made its big screen debut in "Batman & Robin" opposite the 20th Anniversary Macintosh, as Batgirl's trusty computer. It is also the model used for the "wind-up" device, which researchers created to use with small mobile computers in places without electricity. Just wind-up the machine and you get instant power.

DUE TO THE COLLECTOR'S VALUE I'M SELLING THIS FOR ONLY $250 (includes shipping!)
This is in PERFECT working order. If it arrives in any less condition I will offer a full refund. I accept Paypal, cashier's check, or money order as payment.

I will ship anywhere in the USA and CANADA.

Further specs/pic:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/messagepad/stats/emate_300.html

Any Questions? Contact me:

Nayeem83@cs.com

Elan0204
Aug 25, 2004, 05:28 PM
All sales should really stay in the Marketplace. Plus, you already have a thread in there anyway. Posting the same thread in multiple places is spam, and is against the rules of the forum. If someone wants your emate, I'm sure they will find your thread in the marketplace.