Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Do you guys turn it on as soon as you unplug it or do you turn it on when the battery is running out?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
It's just a battery extender used to charge up your iPhone's battery when its battery needs charging. So keep it off until needed. Because if you turn it on right away then your iPhone's battery will be in a constant state of charge and thus shorten its useful life.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
It's just a battery extender used to charge up your iPhone's battery when its battery needs charging. So keep it off until needed. Because if you turn it on right away then your iPhone's battery will be in a constant state of charge and thus shorten its battery life.

That's what I was wondering if it was better to just have it on all the time or when I hit say 50%. Thanks :)

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
It doesn't replace the iPhone's battery, it's a battery charger case. So only use it when you need to recharge the iPhone's battery. I thought everyone knew this?

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
It doesn't replace the iPhone's battery, it's a battery charger case. So only use it when you need to recharge the iPhone's battery. I thought everyone knew this?

I mean I know it's not meant to replace the battery but there other battery cases out there like the original Mophie where it's meant to be on as soon as the iPhone is on until it uses the battery up; then after it drains it uses the iPhones battery.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
there other battery cases out there like the original Mophie where it's meant to be on as soon as the iPhone is on until it uses the battery up; then after it drains it uses the iPhones battery.
Oh, I wasn't aware the original Mophie was designed to be used that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.