PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know of Good Head Phones That Don't Overheat The Ears?

Maserati7200
Feb 5, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I want to buy myself a pair of quality headphones. I've seen them, Beats by Dr. Dre, and other headphones that are supposedly good, but look more like fashion accessories to me. I wouldn't have a problem buying them, though, it's just that if you wear them for more than 20 minutes straight, your ears start to overheat. Are there good sets of head phones that are on Ear or around ear that let your ear breathe? I'd like the graduate from ipod ear buds, but let my ears be comfortable.

By the way, I don't care if they aren't hip or good looking, I want them for the best experience, not to show off...

ChrisA
Feb 5, 2010, 08:22 PM
Sweetwater was selling the AKG K240 headphones for $99. Maybe they still are.
These have been the "standard" studio headphones for 20+ years. Very comfortable for wearing for long periods. The only thing is that these are "open" and don't shut out noise. Open phones always sound best but for some uses yu need the closed kind.

Maserati7200
Feb 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
Sweetwater was selling the AKG K240 headphones for $99. Maybe they still are.
These have been the "standard" studio headphones for 20+ years. Very comfortable for wearing for long periods. The only thing is that these are "open" and don't shut out noise. Open phones always sound best but for some uses yu need the closed kind.
Thanks. But my ear buds didn't shut out noise either, so this looks like a huge improvement over my current situation already.

Penguissimo
Feb 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
If you'v got a little extra cash, you can't go wrong upgrading to the AKG K701 or 702 (same headphone; the only difference is the color and the removable cable on the 702). They're also open-back studio headphones, and they're by far the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn. A quick Google reveals that I'm not the only one who feels that way. They cost something obscene when they first came out, but you should be able to find them for around $250 these days...I know I paid around that much last year, and haven't once regretted it.

musio
Feb 7, 2010, 03:20 AM
Just so you know, you may be looking for open back headphones. Less heat but they sound a little more 'natural'. If your looking to wear them on the bus/tube, don't as sound escapes and it annoys the hell out of people. For home use, go for it.

jsmith091009
Feb 25, 2010, 12:57 AM
Hello I love music so most of the time i used headphone to listen the music,I think in a day more than 4ot 5 hours i used to listen by headphone and it is not being hot any time.I am Using Sony's MDR-NC300D and it has very good sound quality also and i am sure that it never got hot to our ears.actually my 2 hours daily journey spend withmy headphones only. So once you try this headphone you will feel cool.