PDA

View Full Version : Why won't my ps3 go online or sign in?

MattMK45
Feb 7, 2010, 01:08 PM
Now when it comes to macs, I can understand more or less what someone is taking about but when it comes to connections and network settings i'm lost!

Ok, let's start from the top.

Firstly when I turn my ps3 on and sign in, sometimes it comes up with a bag of error codes. Now I know the low ratio of servers to consoles sony has at the moment but I only seem to get the problem, all of my friends seem to have no problems at all. I run a internet test and everything seems to work fine.

Until that is, I try to play online matches on game such as MW2. I would press the 'play online' title and then it could work but say there was an error in 'communicating with activision servers' or something like that. Most times however it just says 'Connecting to servers' and eventually sign me out of psn.

This as you can imagine a rather annoying happening for for the last 5 days I've only been able to play an hours worth of matches. I find annoying that at least against the people I play with I am the only one who has the problem.

I know this is getting quite long now but if you have any suggestions or possible reasons it may be acting this way please reply. Also, if you are suffering from the same cycles of errors and failures please reply also.

thanks anyway:apple:

e˛Studios
Feb 7, 2010, 01:48 PM
Now when it comes to macs, I can understand more or less what someone is taking about but when it comes to connections and network settings i'm lost!

Ok, let's start from the top.

Firstly when I turn my ps3 on and sign in, sometimes it comes up with a bag of error codes. Now I know the low ratio of servers to consoles sony has at the moment but I only seem to get the problem, all of my friends seem to have no problems at all. I run a internet test and everything seems to work fine.

Until that is, I try to play online matches on game such as MW2. I would press the 'play online' title and then it could work but say there was an error in 'communicating with activision servers' or something like that. Most times however it just says 'Connecting to servers' and eventually sign me out of psn.

This as you can imagine a rather annoying happening for for the last 5 days I've only been able to play an hours worth of matches. I find annoying that at least against the people I play with I am the only one who has the problem.

I know this is getting quite long now but if you have any suggestions or possible reasons it may be acting this way please reply. Also, if you are suffering from the same cycles of errors and failures please reply also.

thanks anyway:apple:

Google the error codes, it could be your firewall blocking ports PSN and other games need to communicate over.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ps3+nat+type&aq=f&aqi=g10&oq=

Sounds like something is interfering with the communication between you and the servers, its most likely the nat type, which can be changed by opening ports to your ps3 from your router/firewall/whatever it is you use as a internet gateway device.

Sony has more than enough PSN servers to service its users, they are not responsible for game studios servers.

MattMK45
Feb 7, 2010, 03:58 PM
see, i told ya! I literally know nothing about this sorta stuff but yes, I will try that and thank you for your advice, I shall come back to you on that one.

Darth5
Feb 7, 2010, 04:04 PM
Can a Macintosh Computer be used to successfully download GameSaves from the web?

Please send procedure for downloading GameSaves to a Macintosh and transferring them to a flash drive.

System on the Mac is 10.5.8

Thanks.

Darth5

MattMK45
Feb 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
well i know you can back up your hdd in the ps3 so i don't know whether you could then transfer that onto a different ps3. Whether you wanted to get it on your mac is something different entirely I would imagine, you'd have to research what file types you would have to make the files to make it work