PDA

View Full Version : dual displays.. color issues

fowler.
Aug 25, 2004, 09:45 PM
I have a 20" cinema display and a 17" lcd studio display hooked up together.

It's nice, almost unnecessary.. actually, it is, heh. But the point of this thread is the difference in color. The 20" is exactly how it should look. Whites are whites.. everything is gravy. But the 17 almost has a yellow hue to it. It's not as noticable on its own, but when you span a window across the gap, it's very evident.

Now, is there any way to fix this? Or am I sol? It's not that big of a deal, but an annoyance none the less.

stoid
Aug 25, 2004, 09:47 PM
There should be a way to ColorSync calibrate the displays individually through the Displays preference pane in System Prefs.

fowler.
Aug 25, 2004, 09:51 PM
I did a little advanced color calibration, which helped it a little.. it's still a little bit warm feeeling. I dunno. I guess I'll just live with it :rolleyes:

fowler.
Aug 25, 2004, 10:26 PM
wtt: 20" cinema display + 17" lcd studio display + dvi to acd connector for a new 23" cinema display :p

Muskie
Aug 25, 2004, 11:01 PM
I've been thinking about this some, as I want to get a second display. Can you just copy over, or select the same calibration from one monitor to the other? And if you can, say one was an Apple LCD and one wasn't, would the colors be the same (as in, could being manufactured by a different company affect hues and color saturation)?

fowler.
Aug 25, 2004, 11:10 PM
Well, the 20" is using the stock apple lcd display calibration settings. At the time of my initial post, the 17 was using the same. Yet still different :rollseyes:

Could be that they were manufactured by different companies, I don't know. It's just rather annoying now that I've started noticing it more. Almost to the point where I'm considering selling it or returning it since it's less than a week old.

stoid
Aug 25, 2004, 11:14 PM
If all monitors were manufactured the same, then there would be no need for a calibration system. Therefore, monitors must have variances when they are created. Now, it is possible that the monitor is truly bad and needs to be replaced, but don't be confused that two monitors on the same calibration setup don't look identical.