Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Somone already made a thread on that a few weeks ago.

But does anybody know where I could get that in the US?

Does this company ship to the US?

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
musicpyrite said:
Somone already made a thread on that a few weeks ago.

But does anybody know where I could get that in the US?

Does this company ship to the US?
If you want a rip off case, there are much better ones.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
That's disgusting. Looks like a computer from Star Wars... it's got that retro-futuristic look. BLaaaaahhhhhhhrrrrrggggg....

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
jimsowden said:
If you want a rip off case, there are much better ones.
The word 'better' is a very subjective word.

It's a matter of taste.

Personally, I don't really like the G5 case at all. Too boring and blan.

I like to run my PC with the side panel off, letting you see inside the computer. I think it looks pretty good when you see a case with all uv round cables, uv paint, collard molex connectors, ect. Maybe you don't though.

And if you can, can you please point out better G5 copy cat cases?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
yes, it's aluminum. yes, it has handles. the similarities end there. the g5 is clean, industrial and sophisticated, that pos is covered in drive bays and ports that don't need to be there and looks like it was glued together from various parts. the g5 has holes on the front and back. that thing has them on the sides, and i doubt it has a similar fan arrangement (that's technically part of the case isn't it?). the handles look soldered on, not built in like on the power mac. if that case was intended to be a copy of the g5 it did a terrible job

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
The new Lian Li V-series cases have the G5-esque perforated holes in aluminum...VERY well made, possibly beating out Apple's own quality....pricey though, around 250 or so, case only...

jiggie2g

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2003
Brooklyn,NY
I Agree

justin216 said:
The new Lian Li V-series cases have the G5-esque perforated holes in aluminum...VERY well made, possibly beating out Apple's own quality....pricey though, around 250 or so, case only...

the Lian-Li V-Series Cases are much better than this POS , i actually think it's more Pratical then the G5 tower. Honestly while i like the Cheese Grater G5 look , u can tell it was made more to look pretty then to actually be practial. c'mon that thing is huge it's like 25% bigger then the old wind tunnel and holds half the drives. only 1 optical drive , 2 hard drives , and no room for a Multi-Card Reader. while the Lian-Li hold 6 hard drives , 4 optical drives and 1 card reader/floppy drive , In a case thats actually smaller and better Built.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.