PDA

View Full Version : Letterman Wanted Conan on Super Bowl Ad Sofa

mscriv
Feb 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
If you thought the commercial featuring longtime rivals David Letterman and Jay Leno sitting within arm's length of each other was the most shocking of last night's Super Bowl ads, imagine if Conan O'Brien had appeared in it, too. As it turns out, if Letterman had gotten his wish, that third member of the recent bizarre late night television triangle would have joined them.

Letterman's team had the idea of putting the three late night hosts together for the Super Bowl spot for his show and, sensing the comedic opportunity, Leno didn't hesitate. O'Brien's team never fully rejected the idea but according to longtime Letterman producer Rob Burnett, it was never close to happening.

Full Story (http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/letterman-wanted-conan-on-super-bowl-ad-sofa--975)

I thought the commercial was funny, but according to this article it could have been a threesome of pure hilarity. :D

Peace
Feb 8, 2010, 03:49 PM
That would have been great. It was still good though. One of the most memorable ones the Superbowl has done in a long time.

rdowns
Feb 8, 2010, 04:00 PM
No way NBC would let that happen. Conan has a no appear clause until September. Would have been great though.

I thought it was the best ad of the day.

jbernie
Feb 8, 2010, 08:17 PM
No way NBC would let that happen. Conan has a no appear clause until September. Would have been great though.

I though he had a no host clause... which is why they were joking on the last show about Andy hosting and Conan being the side kick?

Loved the ad, quick, simple, no lame gags or try hard stunts, and lots of shock value as Letterman & Oprah was a pretty good surprise, adding Leno just took the cake.

Melrose
Feb 9, 2010, 10:10 AM
I would have loved to see that. Conan is more relatable than Jay, I think.

It was funny, but not as good as it could have been :(