Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeavenlyYeti

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
U.S.A.
Guys, I'll set an alarm on the iPod's clock for 4:38 am but it never goes off until I turn it on the next day at 7:90 when it's far too late. Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks!

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Guys, I'll set an alarm on the iPod's clock for 4:38 am but it never goes off until I turn it on the next day at 7:90 when it's far too late. Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks!

7:90 ?

Also, is the iPod off or in standby during this time? I'm not sure, but it might need to be in standby.

HeavenlyYeti

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
U.S.A.
My bad dude.

Um, well, I just kind of click the top button that turns the screen off, put it on a dock and sleep. That help?

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
That's standby.

I only have an iPhone, so I assume it's the same for the iPod touch.

Open the Clock app, then tap Alarm. Tap Edit in the top left corner. Tap the alarm you wish to modify. Set it for about 3 minutes from now. Verify that you have a sound selected for the alarm. Press Safe, then turn the alarm On.

If this doesn't work, try restoring it in iTunes.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Im pretty sure the problem is the dock. When connected to a dock, it likes to mute all iPod Touch sounds because it is looking for the output cable. I had the same problem with my 2nd Gen touch about a year ago. Try just plugging it in to charge, not through the dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.