PDA

View Full Version : Good News RE: RR & Airport Express

mojo2go
Aug 26, 2004, 04:56 PM
Well... good news for me, anyway. Just a follow-up on my previous thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=83275&highlight=AOL+airport+express

We made the switch today from AOL Broadband as our ISP over to Road Runner (both through Time Warner Cable) - and it worked!! The two hardwired PCs connected immeditely with the router, and my G4 Powerbook is finally wireless with the Airport Express! No fuss, no muss. Just powered her up and *bam* -- I was online. Just wanted to thank all who gave support and advice. :)

Now, here is my next question: can I get another PC that is not hardwired to the existing PC network to share my Mac's Airport Express network? It has a wireless card already, but would I need to get an Airport card for it instead? -- Or is this just out of the realm of possibility with purchasing more (wireless) hardware?

Natalia81
Aug 26, 2004, 08:22 PM
You not have to get an airport card for this pc you are trying to add.

AoWolf
Aug 26, 2004, 08:42 PM
I have RR two good service. No all airport is is 802.11g so if your PC should be able to connect to it just fine.(even if its 82.11b)

mojo2go
Aug 26, 2004, 08:51 PM
I have RR two good service. No all airport is is 802.11g so if your PC should be able to connect to it just fine.(even if its 82.11b)

Thanks - this will be our project for the weekend!