PDA

View Full Version : I restarted ibook and i lost a lot of data! help!

Shadyriley
Feb 10, 2010, 05:16 AM
I have an ibook 10.4. Its my girlfriends she gave it to me to use since my PC broke. She has one of the newer ones. But a lot of her photos were saved in iphoto. So I'm not sure what happened but I restarted the computer and now itunes is reset and iphoto is reset, microsoft word isnt on the computer anymore. Most other files are still there. But I know she is going to kill me for losing all these photos! I bought this digitial picture frame from Brookstones I'm going to put pictures of us on it and send it to her for V-day. It came with a CD to load the software on it. It works with both mac and PC. It was working fine then I went out to the bar for a little bit. I had used the software fine and already uploaded a few photos before the bar. So I come home to reopen the software and its taking forever, the icon is just bouncing up and down. So I restart the computer. When it comes back the dock is larger, itunes and iphoto is reset. WTF happened?! and how can i change it back? I know PC's have that option where you can revert back to an earlier time. Please help.

NewMacbookPlz
Feb 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
Sounds like when you rebooted you got put in to a Guest account instead of the main user account.

Was there a login screen when you booted up?