Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
hi, I try to run the batman asylum with wmware fusion... but say "game cant run shader model 3 required...." I dont know what it is...

I have a mac pro 08 with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

help please :eek:

Blair230

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
Near Philly
What version of VMware Fusion are you running? I think only the newest one has support for shaders 3.0...

Did you try it in bootcamp?

nufanec

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
Two words for you: Use Bootcamp.

You are never going to get good gaming performance from a virtual machine. Boot to Windows and run it that way.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
Two words for you: Use Bootcamp.

You are never going to get good gaming performance from a virtual machine. Boot to Windows and run it that way.

I install right now the wmware 3.1 for see... but right! bootcamp is the best solution I think BUT!!!!!!! I have fear to install... see when I try to install first appear a dialog box that say "first back up your disk" that sounds like "HEY THIS IS NOT SECURE!!!" so I have in plans to backup all my data and install from zero... (a fresh install) of snow leopard... and later install bootcamp... with fresh install...

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    108 KB · Views: 75

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I use Bootcamp on all 3 of my Macs, 2 of them are my work machines too. There is nothing to worry about. Install it and play games as they were meant to!

Blair230

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
Near Philly
I install right now the wmware 3.1 for see... but right! bootcamp is the best solution I think BUT!!!!!!! I have fear to install... see when I try to install first appear a dialog box that say "first back up your disk" that sounds like "HEY THIS IS NOT SECURE!!!" so I have in plans to backup all my data and install from zero... (a fresh install) of snow leopard... and later install bootcamp... with fresh install...

By saying to backup your disk it is not saying that bootcamp is not secure. It basically is giving advice (since you are partitioning a hard drive) to have a backup in case something goes wrong.

I bootcamp all the time as well and it is great! Dont be scared..its perfectly fine!

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
thanks guys, I run the game with wmware 3 but slowwwwww, so I go to the bootcamp and buy ram, beacuse I have just 2GB on my MacPro 08, I want buy 8GB for a total of 10GB ;)

thanks!

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
that's damn silly you are afraid of installing bootcamp because of that warning? you think that mac os x is safe when you install. you never know. system sometimes brings you error no matter what it is mas os x or windows. but mostly both system is pretty safe nowadays. sound like you have no idea on windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.