PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard Server AD Integration and Authentication

wrpstech
Feb 12, 2010, 01:28 PM
I am a newby to Snow Leopard server. We recently upgraded our Podcast Server to Snow Leopard. My question is that when I open the main web interface of the server, I see 4 choices, My Page, Wikis, Blogs, and Podcast Producer. When I try to log-in to Podcast Producer my AD credentials work. When I try to log-in to My Page, my AD credentials fail. If I setup a local account I can log-in to My Page with those credentials. I would like to get the AD integration so that any domain user can use their AD credentials to log-in. Any ideas?

mcprobie
Feb 16, 2010, 03:51 PM
What do you mean with AD credentials ... Windows AD credentials ? Or the Open Directory from OSX ? I'm guessing the first one ...

You need to provide more info ... Did you leverage the Open Directory ? As in integrate it with AD ?

wrpstech
Feb 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
Windows AD credentials. We use dual boot macs and can authenticate with windows AD credentials on both Mac OSX and Windows. I am not an expert on this. All know is that when I open up the web page from the Snow leopard side that I can authenticate with a lapd account for the My Page section but not with a Windows Ad account. But for the Podcast Capture icon Windows AD credentials work fine. The Snow leopard server is getting Open Directory from another OSX server.

wrpstech
Feb 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
Attached is what I see when I open my Snow Leopard server web page.

hakuryuu
Feb 19, 2010, 12:47 AM
In server admin for the server have you verified which users (a select few or all) can access your services? Its just a guess but it may be that some services are limited to specific users. If your AD users/groups imported correctly you should be able to hit the + and add any users you want to be able to access each service.