PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Makes the news again! 4.7 Million

Dont Hurt Me
Feb 13, 2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.islandpacket.com/1482/story/1135894.html One Turkey of a Story indeed, South Carolina just keeps showing its intelligence every single day. Oops Im showing my intelligence now 4.25 million for turkeys.

To make a long story short this is a story about turkeys and neighbors who couldnt just work it out and the owner of the turkeys had relatives and associations with those in P-O-W-E-R! After pulling some strings they now owe 4.25 million for their own turkeys.

Im just wondering who the biggest turkey is in this story is and its not the birds.

Cboss
Feb 14, 2010, 01:52 PM
Let me see if I understand this...

The guy had his turkeys stolen form him, so he filed charges against the people who did it. They admitted to it, case over. But, then they sued the guy with the turkeys because his court case "damaged" them, and now the poor guy has to pay $4 million to the people who stole his own turkeys...

Wow. If that's what happened then I'm glad I live in Colorado. And that I don't have any turkeys. :rolleyes:

dukebound85
Feb 14, 2010, 01:56 PM
colorado.....the home of the world famous balloon boy, kobe rape case, jonbenet ramsy...got it lol

TuffLuffJimmy
Feb 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
The American judicial system strikes again!

plinden
Feb 14, 2010, 02:07 PM
Let me see if I understand this...

The guy had his turkeys stolen form him, so he filed charges against the people who did it. They admitted to it, case over. But, then they sued the guy with the turkeys because his court case "damaged" them, and now the poor guy has to pay $4 million to the people who stole his own turkeys...

Hold on ... read the story. The couple accused of stealing the turkeys were exonerated. And the accuser got his brother in law to prosecute them despite:

... three law enforcement officials told Dupps no crime had occurred, Rosen said. Yet, Dupps proceeded to get arrest warrants for the Klippels from a Hilton Head Island judge and sought out his brother-in-law, a special prosecutor in the 14th Circuit Solicitor's office at the time, to prosecute the case, Rosen said.

So the Kippels sued and won because Dupps used his contacts to try to get revenge on them.

What's the problem?

Cboss
Feb 14, 2010, 03:01 PM
colorado.....the home of the world famous balloon boy, kobe rape case, jonbenet ramsy...got it lol

haha, Ok you win.

Hold on ... read the story. The couple accused of stealing the turkeys were exonerated. And the accuser got his brother in law to prosecute them despite:

So the Kippels sued and won because Dupps used his contacts to try to get revenge on them.

What's the problem?

Ok, I guess I missed the brother-in-law part, but $4 million seems very excessive. My point is that they shouldn't have taken and let loose Dupps turkeys in the first place, and I don't see how this small case led to alcoholism and depression. It's not like they were facing life in prison or a multimillion dollar fine...

XnavxeMiyyep
Feb 22, 2010, 12:26 AM
Misuse of the legal system should always come with stiff fines.

RayStar
Feb 25, 2010, 10:51 AM
The American judicial system strikes again!

Yep and I hope they don't collect a red penny.