Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
I just ran my bootcamp partition for the first time on my newly installed Parallels. But when I ran it for the second time, the Win 7 loading icon no longer popped up. Instead, the Vista loading bars appeared and now appear each time I run Parallels, though Win 7 desktop will load up after the Vista loading bar.

Why is that?

Btw, the only thing I really changed was the no. of processors that Parallels uses and the amount of RAM, and I renamed "My Boot Camp" to "Windows 7 Ultimate", but I don't see how it could have affected anything.

Cam42

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
In your control panel, under Administrative options or Power options. Can't remember which.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
You mean in Windows' Control Panel?

Within Parallels. I don't have parallels installed so this screenshot from google would have to do.

14.Adaptive_Hypervisor.jpg

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Ok I turned that "Tune Windows for Speed" thing off in Parallels, however, it didn't help. What is that setting even supposed to do?

Btw, I now also get the Vista loading thing when I try to boot into BootCamp from OS X. Why does that happen and how to set it back to Windowa 7 logo??

amon91

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2010
Haha yeah, that also happens with netbooks in order to reduce system load. Here's a good tutorial on how to make it show the default bootscreen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.