PDA

View Full Version : Chess nightmare..

AlexS
Aug 27, 2004, 04:54 PM
Hi all, first time here. Was being very zen about the G5 delays (ordered right at the beginning) here in Uk till the last couple of days when I knew TnT had it up the road from me and were not able to deliver at any time I was in. Loads of hassle, then finally tonight, my brand spanking new mac. Never mind the delays and the arguments about apple care (bought the display on a seperate order - noone told me it wasn't covered), absolutely loved it. Until I tried playing chess and it started to go to sleep of its own accord. I'm guessing that's the most processor intensive thing I've done so far but it just cuts out, and keeps doing it while chess is open, falling asleep and freezing at every move, even more so if the computer voice is on. I'm brand new to macs and worried that my (so far very bad) experience of them is about to get worse. I've looked about for how to deal with this but can't find anything. Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction would make my night.

AlexS
Aug 27, 2004, 05:20 PM
Just tried importing a cd and it froze up again. It seems to cut out at anything remotely demanding???

osprey76
Aug 27, 2004, 05:32 PM
By sleeping or froze up do you mean a hard crash where you physically restart the Mac or long delays while the activity gets going?

Try to explain a bit better. This definitely doesn't sound normal.

AlexS
Aug 27, 2004, 05:37 PM
Hi,

I mean the screen goes dark and the computer seems to power down, like it was going into energy saving mode. Then, if I press a key or move the mouse it comes back on after a minute, but keeps cutting out if I continue playing chess, importing cd etc. It did it a minute ago when I was just signing into a site. :(