Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
So, I've been working on my animation skills and I have quite a few toons put together. I am looking to start a flash animation portal/community. Basically I want some sort of CMS and Forum with a lot of customization. Each cartoon series would need its own sub theme to distinguish it from the rest of the site, but I would like to have unifying navigation either across the top or along the side. I have thought about creating a custom solution (I have done this before with success) but I would really rather find something that just works the way that I want it to. I happy concentrating on the creative things while my PHP books gather dust.

Also, I don't mind shelling out cash to buy a CMS or have one modified.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :D

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
The objective of the forum or CMS would be to allow animators/flash users/ developers to exchange ideas and to trade skills?

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
I tried out drupal, and hit a wall trying to find resources online for skinning/theming and integrating a real forum. I think I'm going to go with mambo... I found about 20 forum sites and countless skinning sites and there are tons of plugins/mods for it... I think I'll be able to make it play nice for my needs. I'm in the process of tweaking it right now...

Thanks!

davecuse

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2004
NYC
The nice thing about Drupal is that you can change every aspect of the design pretty easily. If you just use "PHP Template" which is entirely xhtml and css based, it's very very easy to change everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.