PDA

View Full Version : Problems printing to Windows 2000 Server networked printer

swoolf
Aug 28, 2004, 04:09 AM
Hello All -

I'm not sure if this post belongs in the Software Discussion, but I thought I'd begin here...

I have a network here with an HP Deskjet 935C connected to a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Prints from the Windows server with no problems.

However, when I try to print from my Powerbook 17", I get nada. Added the printer from the printer setup. When it came time to choose the model, it did not appear in the list. I did a search for "935C PPD" on Google and found a PPD to download for the printer. I have that one set up as the printer model, but still no dice.

Can any of you guys help me figure this out? I'm new to networked printing, but I thought I covered the basics.

Thanks,

Steve

neilrobinson
Aug 28, 2004, 06:36 AM
does it report any error messages & are you using the apple talk supplied with windows 2000 server?

neil

swoolf
Aug 28, 2004, 01:45 PM
Yes, the Print Service for Macintosh is running on the Windows server. There is no error message. When I print something on the Mac, the printer icon launches in the dock, as it normally would, and then promptly shuts down. No error message.

Steve