Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrHappyMonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
In my quest to fix/backup my G4 iMac, I've loaded an install of OS X.3 onto my iPod. However, I can't seem to boot from the iPod correctly. What I am doing is using the Hardware test/system restore DVD to boot into the start-up disk selector. I enabled the iPod in disk mode so it could boot from it. When I select the iPod as the boot disk, it displays a circle with a cross through it similar to the icon on the iPod when it says "do not disconnect". I've verified that there is indeed a full copy of OS X on the iPod by connecting the iPod to my PC and viewing the files. What is the problem here?

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
I'm preety sure that holding down option while your Mac is starting, will allow you to choose the drive it boots from.

MrHappyMonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
Jalexster said:
I'm preety sure that holding down option while your Mac is starting, will allow you to choose the drive it boots from.

i'm able to choose the drive to boot from, the problem is that when it tries to boot, it displays the circle with a cross through it on a gray background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.