Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
i have tiger runnning on this machine i was wondering how to get this machine to be a print server for my computers which is a mix of windows xp, vista and linux 9.10 ubuntu and a mac mini late 09 model its the 2.53 ghz and 4 gigs of ram. i have were my vista machine is seeing the machine but i am not able to access the share so i was wondering how to get my vista machine to access it i dont know about the xp machine yet thou

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
bump I have also got my windows vista machine actualy access the machine as a share i just want to get my windows vista machine to use the old g4 as a print server but it keeps on saying it does not have the right printer drivers on the g4

acluett89

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
You might also consider some ducting between the CPU heatsink and a fan, or between the mounted heatsink fans and the outside world. This will ensure that there is at least some airflow that is dedicated to cooling the CPU.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
huh to last poster why would i do that as its a g4 digital audio its max is a 533mhz proc and i do have the drivers for the printer installed on the vista machine as it was hooked up to it but i wanted more desk space so i done it this way and it says the server does not have the drivers for my linux machine and the osx machine when i try to use the printer from vista and the osx machine has the latest updated drivers from hp

300D

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2009
Tulsa
huh to last poster and i do have the drivers for the printer installed on the vista machine as it was hooked up to it but i wanted more desk space so i done it this way and it ays the server does not have the drivers for my linux machine and the osx machine when i try to use the printer from vista

You answered your own question.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
ok i must be missing something drivers are installed on the osx box for the printer and they are also installed on the windows machine for the same printer but when i try to connect the windows machine to the osx box that is hooked up to the printer with all the file and print sharing on it still says i need the proper drivers so now how do u explain that and dont say i answered my own ? as i have not

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
lol i have for both and just for giggles how do u set up a print share in general for a windows vista that the printer is hooked up on a osx machine running tiger

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.