PDA

View Full Version : MBA with youtube html5

pvmacguy
Feb 16, 2010, 03:40 PM
Has anyone else been using the beta youtube html5 player?

I have been recently starting to use it and can tell a difference on how my rev A MBA can handle the videos now. No longer does my temperature spike up to 75-80C and peg the fans. It stays at a cool 47C and fans stay put at the 3500 rpm which I have SMC fan control set to.

I would highly recommend people try it out with their air's. Linky (http://www.youtube.com/html5) When you sign up to use the beta it remembers your choice for html5 on your youtube account. :)

MacDawg
Feb 16, 2010, 03:45 PM
I don't have an Air, but I have been using it and I am pleased with the results
I hope we see more of it in the near future

darngooddesign
Feb 16, 2010, 04:16 PM
Now all we need are for Hulu and Adult Swim to get on the stick and stream in HTML5.

Airforcekid
Feb 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

It works great for me only thing I miss is fullscreen but I hate flash can't wait to get rid of it for good!

pvmacguy
Feb 16, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hulu really needs to get on the stick and start an html5 at least beta like youtube. Steve hit the nail on the head when he said flash was crap.

krimsen
Feb 17, 2010, 12:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

It works great for me only thing I miss is fullscreen but I hate flash can't wait to get rid of it for good!

They implemented fullscreen some days ago. You need to use a "supported browser" though. Try Webkit, works for me.

The Phazer
Feb 17, 2010, 03:50 AM
Hulu really needs to get on the stick and start an html5 at least beta like youtube. Steve hit the nail on the head when he said flash was crap.

There's no content protection in HTML5 unlike Flash. Hulu will never, ever, ever use HTML5. Ever.

Note that YouTube can't even get legal clearance for a third of it's catalogue for HTML5, and half of their content is pirated!

Phazer