Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpramodjain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Banglore
Hi,

I have two questions regarding the mailViewComposer, the inApp-Email for iPhone 3.0.

i) Can we hide the CC and Bcc in the view of the mail composer,
ii) How can we know the email address of the sender in case , needed for further communction.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
i) Can we hide the CC and Bcc in the view of the mail composer,
No.
ii) How can we know the email address of the sender in case , needed for further communction.
There's no way to get it from the mailViewComposer. You have to ask the user for it with your own UI.

The intent of this UI seems to be to put the user in charge and not to give the developer much control.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha PhoneyDeveloper,

Maybe it's because I'm using it in my own apps (currently still under development) and emailing myself, albeit from one email account to another, but I can see the sending email address just fine. I don't have any testers for my apps yet, but I'll be sure to check for the sending email address at that time.

willh1234

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2009
If the different sections of the email screen are set up as different subviews im sure you could remove them by looking through the subviews and removing them just do something like:

Code:
for (UIView *subview in [mailComposerView subviews])
{
    NSString *viewDescription = [subview description];
    if (viewDescription == @"insert the name of bcc subview here")
    {
        [subview removeFromSuperview];
    }

}

Obviously you will have to identify the name of the subviews for the bcc and cc and then adjust the frame of the message section appropiately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.