Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
D'oooohh!!
I lost three screws from my TiBook 400:mad:, can anyone tell me where I can get some replacement screws? I already tried Home Depot... and no luck:mad:

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Try an industrial supply house... Which screws did you loose??? How did you loose them??? Have you always had a few screws loose/missing?? :eek: :eek: :D

Worse case, contact an AASP to see if they either have some spare screws to give you, or that you can purchase from them. If you were replacing the hard drive, you could even get them from Apple (do you have AppleCare on this TiBook???).

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
You are lucky, I was putting RAM in my new iBook (very pissed at time because that was the end time I got **** RAM) anyway so I'm putting the screw in the hole and I bump the screen with my elbow. I look in there and the screw is somewhere in the iBook (only had it for 2 days lol). So 75$ later it's fixed lol :D

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Try an industrial supply house... Which screws did you loose??? How did you loose them??? Have you always had a few screws loose/missing?? :eek: :eek: :D

Worse case, contact an AASP to see if they either have some spare screws to give you, or that you can purchase from them. If you were replacing the hard drive, you could even get them from Apple (do you have AppleCare on this TiBook???).

That's funny.... But I was replacing the HDD to a bigger one and some how I lost the screws:confused: I bought my TiBook from Compusa and I got their protection plan on it fo three years, but I wonder if they will void my warranty because I changed my HDD?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by xrhajj
That's funny.... But I was replacing the HDD to a bigger one and some how I lost the screws:confused: I bought my TiBook from Compusa and I got their protection plan on it fo three years, but I wonder if they will void my warranty because I changed my HDD?

How much did [in]compusa shaft you for on that 'protection plan'?? I do know that changing the hard drive does nothing to your Apple protection plan/warranty since that is one of the user installable parts.

Any quality AASP should have some of those screws in stock, and shouldn't charge more then a dollor, two at the most for them (a full set for the case bottom). If they won't, then call Apple and get some from them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.