Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalField

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2004
portland
Hey all.

I did a soft-launch of my site about a month ago, and am just just looking for some feedback on it.

The site is... http://iphone.gameachievements.org/
If you are checking it out, please go beyond the homepage, I feel the value is when you get down to a game page, like this one http://iphone.gameachievements.org/games/minigore but feel free to explore around.

All comments welcome, be it visual, ux, future features.

M!

jo0

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
hey man just checked it out. visually it is very well done. i think the content is portrayed in a very positive and organized manner; everything is very neat.

I am not very familiar with gaming on the iphone and am left a little unsure of exactly what you are tracking + /why/how/and who's achievements you are tracking. my only feedback would be some way to let anyone who stumbles upon the site without a clue (me) what its all about and why i should be interested.

otherwise, great!

-jo0

*edit
i think i figured it out, you are listing basically the options for escalating in games? sorry im just not a gamer, but i think i got it now :)

digitalField

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2004
portland
hey man just checked it out. visually it is very well done. i think the content is portrayed in a very positive and organized manner; everything is very neat.

thanks! I am not designer, so just tried to keep things clean and purposeful.

I am not very familiar with gaming on the iphone and am left a little unsure of exactly what you are tracking + /why/how/and who's achievements you are tracking.

yea at the moment I am only surfacing the achievements that are found ingame. Currently i am working on adding the ability to login/register an account, at which point you will be able to say I have gotten x,y,z achievements.

my only feedback would be some way to let anyone who stumbles upon the site without a clue (me) what its all about and why i should be interested.

i think i figured it out, you are listing basically the options for escalating in games? sorry im just not a gamer, but i think i got it now :)

Yea I have to work on the homepage a bit, make it a bit more informative. Homepage was the last page I did, so got the least amount attention but probably deserves the most ;) go figure.

But yes, achievements are little goals that developers put in their games to reward you periodically as you progress through the game. Sometimes they add value to the actually game, sometimes they are just for fun.

Thanks for the feedback :)

M!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.