PDA

View Full Version : Selling an engraved iPod?

bigandy
Aug 29, 2004, 01:00 PM
Is it possible to remove the custom engraving?

I've seen people brushing the rear cause they like the look, and so on, but is it possible to either remove it - by removing a layer of the surface and polishing it back to the original colour, or getting a new rear case?

I've not seen any on ebay but i'm sure someone would do a rear case replacement...

KevRC4130
Aug 29, 2004, 01:28 PM
Is it possible to remove the custom engraving?

I've seen people brushing the rear cause they like the look, and so on, but is it possible to either remove it - by removing a layer of the surface and polishing it back to the original colour, or getting a new rear case?

I've not seen any on ebay but i'm sure someone would do a rear case replacement...

I doubt the engraving will lose you near as much money as how much it would cost to get a new case, if you even can get one. What does it say on it? The engraving probably won't cost you more than $25 or so, but what do I know?

bigandy
Sep 1, 2004, 07:49 AM
it was an apple store laser engraving, and says:

I'm Andy's iPod! If found, please
email [my email address]

so it's pretty personal. grr.

i'll see. thanks anyways. as you can see i've just ordered a 40gb 4g, had the sense this time not to engrave it!

Le Big Mac
Sep 1, 2004, 08:43 AM
it was an apple store laser engraving, and says:

I'm Andy's iPod! If found, please
email [my email address]

so it's pretty personal. grr.

i'll see. thanks anyways. as you can see i've just ordered a 40gb 4g, had the sense this time not to engrave it!

Tell them it's value added because you'll provide a lost and found service!