PDA

View Full Version : Photo management in Itunes

JackVa1
Feb 18, 2010, 01:52 PM
I want to start puting photos on the Ipod. Problem is, my computer has thousands of photos in many folders. I do not want all od these, but I want a few representative photo's from many folders.

Do I need to create duplicates of all my photos in other folders on my computer just so I can have the photos organized on my IPOD?

Seems like a lot of work. How do others manage this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

-aggie-
Feb 18, 2010, 01:58 PM
Create a playlist and then sync that to the iPod.

r.j.s
Feb 18, 2010, 02:05 PM
Are you using a Mac or PC?

If you are on a Mac, use iPhoto and sync the album.

JackVa1
Feb 18, 2010, 02:15 PM
Create a playlist and then sync that to the iPod.

I must be missing something. The user guide says i need Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later to sync my photo's.

I can not even add photos to the Touch because Itunes does not show my computers photos as it does my music. All I can do is view the IPOD which of course has no photos as yet. Can you point me to where to begin adding photos from varios disk folders on the PC? Thanks - al I see is "Sync" to a folder. Nothing about syncing or adding many folders or many photos.

JackVa1
Feb 18, 2010, 02:37 PM
I am using a PC.

Just tell me, is it best to just set up a new photo/Ipod folder on my PC that I use to keep my IPOD photos in sync? I can do this, just have a zillion files and I was hoping I could easily pick and choose the photo's I want and they would appear on the ipod and never go away.

I'm pretty pc savy, but Itunes has me stumped with the photo thing. It's not intuitive. Just looking for how other pc users do it I guess

Mako5
Feb 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
I am using a PC.

Just tell me, is it best to just set up a new photo/Ipod folder on my PC that I use to keep my IPOD photos in sync? I can do this, just have a zillion files and I was hoping I could easily pick and choose the photo's I want and they would appear on the ipod and never go away.

I'm pretty pc savy, but Itunes has me stumped with the photo thing. It's not intuitive. Just looking for how other pc users do it I guess

That's what I do.

JackVa1
Feb 18, 2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I can handle that I guess. Just have to copy them somewhere and not "move" them. Case closed - thanks for the help, guys

PrinceAvalon
Feb 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm in this same situation... I just got my new touch today...

I'm using this on a Windows PC.. Mac had to go to the store for major repairs >.<

In any case... where do I put the photos folder at... I kinda I guess need a step by step on this....

Pretty bad considering my overall knowledge.. but I'm not sure where to make a photo's folder for iTunes... and then I can just copy my photo folders there I guess.

*EDIT*

My last player was a Zune; the player itself had many issues.. maybe I got a lemon, but the software to manage and add stuff was more intuitive and easier and it HAD its own photo's section.. not sure why iTunes doesn't since it's the media management software and most iPods now you can have photo's on.... Maybe it's only easy and nice on Macs lol.. too bad my Pro went uber psycho bitch on me and had to go back for major repairs...

ChrisA
Feb 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
I am using a PC.

Just tell me, is it best to just set up a new photo/Ipod folder on my PC that I use to keep my IPOD photos in sync?...

With a PC I think you are stuck using that method.

If you could run iPhoto then I'd suggest setting up a "smart album" to select the photos you want. Then as you add more photos the album's rule set would pull in the "corect" photos.

If you havephotos put in folders all over the hard drive. What you bneed is some kind of photo managment software. If you can't use iPhoto or Aperture, Adobe is good at this. As you have found out using folder becomes harder and hared asthe number of photos grow. Folders allow for only one filing system and are hard to search.

JackVa1
Feb 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
I plan to make about 10 folders, name them with relevent names. I'll copy photo's into these folder and sync them each time I sync the ipod. should be automatic if I leave the relevant box checked in the Photo Tab.

This way I'l have 10 folders to flip through on the touch and each will have the photos I want. Just hogging disk space on my pc but disk is cheap. Every once in a while I wil update them as needed.

It's good to have a forum to ask around so you are not doing something totally dopey for too long....

-aggie-
Feb 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
Again, I'll mention playlists as the way to go. Do what you guys want, but creating all these folders and junk just loses you hard disk space.