PDA

View Full Version : Man shot in crotch by girlfriend's dad.

obeygiant
Feb 18, 2010, 08:12 PM
When police in Navarre, Florida received a call for a noise complaint, they arrived to find a bleeding man running toward them along with his girlfriend. The man's groin was dripping blood, and he was screaming that he'd been shot...

Amanda Kelly told a deputy that her dad, William Russell Kelly Jr., had shot her boyfriend Randall Carter at their home. The reason for dad's ire, according to the younger Kelly: "He hates him, dude."

William readily admitted to the shooting, but claims a different motive. He says he unloaded his .45 revolver, which he affectionately calls "The Judge," because Carter was assaulting his daughter. "I shot him in the nuts with bird-shot because he was beating my daughter," Kelly told police.

He's been charged with aggravated battery. Carter, meanwhile, has already received his sentence for messing with an armed man's daughter.truecrimereport.com (http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/02/william_kelly_shoots_daughters.php)

I find myself secretly agreeing with the dad in this one. Is that wrong?

Maybe not his choice of weapons but....

ChrisA
Feb 18, 2010, 08:28 PM
I find myself secretly agreeing with the dad in this one. Is that wrong?

Maybe not his choice of weapons but....

If the daughter ran out of the house with the boyfriend, I'd say the boyfriend was not assaulting the girl. Had she stayed in the house with her dad then I'd say differently.

pukifloyd
Feb 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
ouch it hurts to even think about it:(

even if the guy was wrong, the girl's father doesn't have any right to shoot somebody...that too at that place :(

quagmire
Feb 18, 2010, 08:39 PM
Shooting him in the groin..... Me thinks the BF assaulting the GF was really them having sex...... Why else would a father shoot a guys groin?

iShater
Feb 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
Wow. I have a feeling that secretly many fathers have thought of or wished they could do that. :p

Rodimus Prime
Feb 18, 2010, 09:14 PM
That is one very effect way to stop a guy from screwing around with your daughter for a long time.

leomac08
Feb 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
Shooting him in the groin..... Me thinks the BF assaulting the GF was really them having sex...... Why else would a father shoot a guys groin?

+1 LMFAO!!!!!! i agree........... but why shoot the balls?!!!!! "the family jewels".............. one thing i learned from modern warfare 2.... is to neutralize the enemy in the leg.;)

Abstract
Feb 19, 2010, 03:33 AM

Listen, stabbing her with his penis repeated....and violently.... isn't assault, ok?

iBlue
Feb 19, 2010, 03:51 AM
That's ridiculous but what to you expect from trash with a gun? (Yes, I am making a judgement, based on the limited and vague facts presented.) (Some) People are too quick to pull out a gun. What ever happened to a good punch in the junk for "justice"?

If the daughter ran out of the house with the boyfriend, I'd say the boyfriend was not assaulting the girl. Had she stayed in the house with her dad then I'd say differently.

While that does sound logical, it's not necessarily true.

MacBoobsPro
Feb 19, 2010, 04:10 AM
Head shot!

Bennieboyİ
Feb 19, 2010, 04:11 AM
regardless of why, thats gotta hurt haha

niuniu
Feb 19, 2010, 05:17 AM
Wonder what age they all are.. in any case, it's a fun solution to the teenage pregnancy problem :p

comictimes
Feb 19, 2010, 05:27 AM
Pretty terrifying to hear, as my ex-girlfriend's dad has had the habit of threatening to shoot her boyfriends...

they arrived to find a bleeding man running toward them along with his girlfriend.
Running? I'm pretty sure no matter how terrified I was of the old man I wouldn't be running after that.

JNB
Feb 19, 2010, 07:02 AM
"The Judge" in the story isn't an affectionate name, it's the model. The only .45 that can shoot birdshot would be the Taurus Judge, a .45 revolver that also takes .410 shotgun shells. Seems to me that the intent was to teach a valuable lesson. If Dad wanted to kill the kid, birdshot wouldn't have been the "round of choice." :p

BTW, here's the Judge. Butt-ugly, if you ask me.

Disc Golfer
Feb 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a pretty clear cut case of assault with a deadly weapon. Hope the guy presses charges against dad and dumps the girl asap, as crazy tends to run in families. The hillbilly comments in the article are pretty good too, yeehaw.

bmb012
Feb 19, 2010, 12:12 PM
BIRD SHOT, guys, BIRD SHOT.

rdowns
Feb 19, 2010, 12:18 PM

Oh, that makes it all OK. :rolleyes:

ucfgrad93
Feb 19, 2010, 12:21 PM

That doesn't matter. Clearly this is assault at the very least. I hope the girl's dad is prosecuted.

KingYaba
Feb 19, 2010, 12:23 PM
Butt-ugly, if you ask me.

Garbage gun. Amazes me how many people have been duped into buying one of these things. .410 is a terrible self-defense round and there are people who think this is their shotgun replacement. 45LC isn't a bad round but there's better revolvers out there for less money. The Judge such a gimmick.

rdowns
Feb 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Garbage gun. Amazes me how many people have been duped into buying one of these things. .410 is a terrible self-defense round and there are people who think this is their shotgun replacement. 45LC isn't a bad round but there's better revolvers out there for less money. The Judge such a gimmick.

This is a Current Events thread, not a PRSI thread.

KingYaba
Feb 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
This is a Current Events thread, not a PRSI thread.

And? Nothing in my post was political.

mscriv
Feb 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hope the guy presses charges against dad and dumps the girl asap, as crazy tends to run in families.

Wait a minute now. Think about the possibilities here. I see a reality show about how the couple gets engaged and married. Aww yeah... Dad can walk her down the ailse with gun in hand and the church could erupt in a good ole' shootin'. Think the Hatfields and McCoy's meets Romeo and Juliet and everyone has a firearm. This is pure genius in the making. :D

Disc Golfer
Feb 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
Wait a minute now. Think about the possibilities here. I see a reality show about how the couple gets engaged and married. Aww yeah... Dad can walk her down the ailse with gun in hand and the church could erupt in a good ole' shootin'. Think the Hatfields and McCoy's meets Romeo and Juliet and everyone has a firearm. This is pure genius in the making. :D
Of course! That's even more clever than the family who pretended to lose their kid in a hot air balloon.

obeygiant
Feb 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
The father was charged with aggravated battery. Probably because he aimed below the waist?

RITZFit
Feb 19, 2010, 10:52 PM
Well if that ain't a kick in the groin...I understand being protective and all but trying the neuter poor boy was a bit much :D

chown33
Feb 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
It could also have been .45 rat shot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-shot

or even frangible .45:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug

Iscariot
Feb 21, 2010, 07:24 PM
What ever happened to a good punch in the junk for "justice"?

Whatever happened to a good reporting a crime for justice?

iBlue
Feb 22, 2010, 05:35 AM
Whatever happened to a good reporting a crime for justice?

Yeah well considering what happened here I wasn't expecting that much. Logic: sometimes it's a tier thing.

whooleytoo
Feb 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
Smart Dad. Shoot a guy in the head, and it's murder/manslaughter (or assault, causing a serious injury).

Shoot a guy in the balls, and it's a funny story on the internet.