PDA

View Full Version : Help! My new Ibook keyboard got stuck!

whiteangel
Aug 29, 2004, 10:12 PM
I tried to see if there is an extra empty slot so all I need to upgrade my ram is to buy an additional 256MB. I managed to remove the keyboard, but when i tried to put it back something happened. The right side is fine but it seems like the left side got stuck. Even when the hook is pushed back the keyboard won't lift up. In my haste i even plucked out F1 and F2. I managed to put them back but if i can't remove the keyboard i won't be able to put my new ram in. How?? Help!!

jtgotsjets
Aug 29, 2004, 11:16 PM
this happens to me a lot and i always forget what to do for a good 5 minutes before i figure it out again (dont ask me why, i pop my keyboard off a lot for the hell of it, its locked now to keep me out)

make sure everything is lined up right. if this is true, make sure that this tiny little magnet thing that covers a screw (i dont know the point of the magnet) is setting flat instead of on its side, which will keep it from going down on the side.

Dandaman
Aug 29, 2004, 11:31 PM
That's happened to me a couple of times. Once it got so bad that i could not open it at all and felt like i was going to break the tab. I took it to the Apple Store and they fixed in a few minutes. Just like jt said, make sure the keyboard is aligned, especially at the bottom of the keyboard (that was my problem).

Daniel

whiteangel
Aug 30, 2004, 02:01 PM
I managed to 'yank' the keyboard out and now its fine, as long as I make sure the bottom is pushed in properly. :D

wwooden
Aug 30, 2004, 08:21 PM
I used to have problems like that with my old iBook...... makes me happy I upgraded to my 12" powerbook. Just thought I would share that. :)