Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
Hi guys. I'm pretty new in the world of video editing, but I've got a project I need to take care of. Every week I'll be needing to select clips (3 - 20 seconds each) out of .mp4 (or .wmv, I have access to both versions) video files. These clips (probably 20-40 or more, just depends on the week) will need to be put on a DVD where, ideally, each clip could be accessed separately from the menu. What program should I use for this? I have iMovie and iDVD already, but I wouldn't be opposed to buying a new program if it would be significantly more efficient. This will be an every-week project so streamlining will be good.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
I think that may be a bit much for what I need to do. I really don't need to do any actual video editing beyond snipping sections of existing video and authoring a DVD.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You can use MPEG Streamclip for batch transcoding of those video files (I don't know about .wmv files though, maybe Flip4Mac is needed as accessory) and then import them into iDVD if you don't mind the themes there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.