Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danand725

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Sawbridgeworth, UK
I've upgraded from Aperture 2 to 3, and imported all my iPhoto '09 images. I've been through and removed dupicates and named all the faces in my library.

However, the smart album included with Aperture 3 with the default settings "Needs a Name" is showing a number of images with no faces in.

Now I'm used to this happening in iPhoto, so checked for faulty face detection. As you can see from the enclosed screenshot, there are no un-named faces (or objects) detected. (I am in naming mode, the screenshot did not caputre the HUD).

I've tried the Dectect Missing Faces menu item (nothing found). I've tried adding a manual face and removed it. Nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how I can get rid of these faceless images?

All the best

Daniel

Attachments

• Aperture Faces Small.JPG
    Aperture Faces Small.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 94

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you switch to Faces view by clicking the Faces button in the top right you can right-click on the Thumbnails and choose an option titled something like "Not a face" (sorry not at a Mac right now).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.