PDA

View Full Version : Home Theatre network receiver compatible w/ Macs?

MUrhino
Feb 21, 2010, 01:22 PM
So I'm upgrading my home theatre system and am looking for a receiver that is network capable of streaming music from iTunes (preferably). I don't have an Airport Express or an :apple:TV. I do have a Time Capsule in the office and an Airport Extreme in the home theater setup that is hard-wired to the DVR, TV, and Blu-Ray player.

So, are there any receivers out there that can stream music from iTunes, and if not, what is my next best choice? I'm not sold on the Airport Express, as I had one die after about 4-5 years...granted that's only $15-$20/year of usable life, but still. Thanks in advance, and if this should be placed under the Apple TV & Home Theater thread my apologies.

ChrisA
Feb 21, 2010, 05:21 PM
Buy another airport express. Even if you are so un-lucky as to have it fail again it is still the best deal out there. But having such bad luck twice is not likely.

dptom
Mar 26, 2010, 05:49 AM
Take a look at the receivers that were announced recently. I believe they will be mac friendly either through LAN or Blutooth. I am in the market as well and have been searching for something to run from my IMAC straight to the receiver. I am using airport express now but would like to see album art, etc. see what you think. I don't want to buy an apple tv yet as I am sure once I buy one they will come out with new hardware.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/PioneerReceivers/ci.VSX-1120-K.Kuro