Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
I don't know if this has already been posted, I didn't see it if it has. But has anyone else got that annoying error when trying to download an app? "Application Not Compatible : This application can only be used on an iPad Wi-Fi + 3G"...How happy a thought, that I can get an iPad only app before there is an iPad to purchase.

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
this type of thread should be moved to the iPad discussion not ipod touch forums..:rolleyes:

Well...it's a problem I'm having on my ipod touch...and I'm wondering why I can't get an app that others have on their ipod touch...so...I'm going to say iPod touch forum? (Sorry about my extremely sarcastic mood, just one of those days, lol.)

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Is that supposed to be a joke? Imbecile test works for me, though I feel like an imbecile for having gone through the trouble of downloading it now.

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Is that supposed to be a joke? Imbecile test works for me, though I feel like an imbecile for having gone through the trouble of downloading it now.

Haha, no it's not a joke, despite the name of the application. I get this error every time I try it, and can even take a screenshot if necessary. I just want to know why I can't download this app that all my friends can?

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Haha, no it's not a joke, despite the name of the application. I get this error every time I try it, and can even take a screenshot if necessary. I just want to know why I can't download this app that all my friends can?

Hmm. Working fine for me, and now I'm addicted thank you very much :cool:

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Which iPod Touch are you using? Is the software completely updated?

I have a first-gen, with 2.2.1

But it still doesn't make sense how that would generate an iPad Wi-Fi + 3G only error message...unless it should've said os 3.0 needed, and somehow had a really big screw up.

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
I have a first-gen, with 2.2.1

But it still doesn't make sense how that would generate an iPad Wi-Fi + 3G only error message...unless it should've said os 3.0 needed, and somehow had a really big screw up.

Interesting. That might be compelling for the folks at MacRumors. It means Apple is already gearing up for the big iPad release.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Why? I thought the iPad was only a big iPod touch. :D

Good one!;)

lol!

Very Ironic..;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.