Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iostream.h

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
I wrote this little page for a school assignment. It sends SMS messages to US based cell phones (I could add more support, but time is a bit tight). If you can, please test it out by sending a text message to your cell phone. I have only been able to test Verizon so far. Thanks.

http://isophonic.net/CO/

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
meh.. i don't have a phone, but how do you go about doing something like this? i know nextel has some way to do this off of their website, but i never really thought much of it...

reality

iostream.h

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
realityisterror said:
meh.. i don't have a phone, but how do you go about doing something like this? i know nextel has some way to do this off of their website, but i never really thought much of it...

reality

This is done by sending an email to yournumber@yourcarrier. I just used the mail function in php.

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Remember, some people pay for incoming SMS, so be sure it is OK with whoever you want to message before you do. Unwanted SMS charges can really add up.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
holy crap!!

it arrived so fast it caught me off guard. maybe 5 seconds? i get poor reception in my house, so i expected it to take a while, plus the phones in a nother part of the house so i didnt go get it first..i almost wondered what all that racket from the other room was

cool little webapp, iostream

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.