Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnneJac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Hey

I'm currently using the E-MU 0404 with GarageBand and everything works without a complaint - except when I try to record my guitar!

I've tried both my semi-accustic guitar and my electric guitar with three different jacks - but every time with the same result - all I get is noise!

I've downloaded the newest driver from E-MU's homepage, but it didn't help, and now I'm starting to give up.

Everything else works perfectly - what could I be doing wrong?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hey

I'm currently using the E-MU 0404 with GarageBand and everything works without a complaint - except when I try to record my guitar!

I've tried both my semi-accustic guitar and my electric guitar with three different jacks - but every time with the same result - all I get is noise!

I've downloaded the newest driver from E-MU's homepage, but it didn't help, and now I'm starting to give up.

Everything else works perfectly - what could I be doing wrong?

You will have to tell use exactly what you have done before anyone can tell you what is wrong. When you say "three different jacks" What would those be?

Where is the volume setting on the guitar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.