Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I was just browsing through Google Reader and came across a new post on Wired Gadget Blog about MacRumors' 10 year anniversary (which is tomorrow). At the bottom of the page was a screenshot of MacRumors, but it wasn't the current MacRumors design... and it had the URL: "http://mr.omnidot.com"

Now that URL redirects to the current MacRumors, but I caught a screenshot before that happened. Pretty funny, a rumor about a rumor site. :D

EDIT: And now the Wired article has an even larger screenshot, exactly what I saw when the mr.omnidot.com link worked, but the full page (which I didn't bother screen-shotting). Check it out here, or in the attachments.

Attachments

• NewMR.jpg
    NewMR.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 588
  • mockup.png
    mockup.png
    569.8 KB · Views: 596

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
In case you were wondering, it IS a potential new MacRumors site design. It's a mockup, not a working implementation.

Front page design changes wouldn't be directly related to forum upgrades but I'm sure the tabs at the top of forum pages would be changed to match the front page.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
This would be a welcome change. MacRumors.com is one of my favorite sites on all of the internet tubes, but it could use a makeover.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Leak? Yeah, right.

Now arn gets all kinds of feedback before committing to a design.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Wow 10 years! Happy anniversary MacRumors. I must say that the front page could do with an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.