PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch and Rice Trick help

Mariee
Feb 24, 2010, 07:45 PM
After My ipod had some contact with some juice I had let my ipod dry for a full 24 hours and then tried to charge it. When it did not respond I put it in a plastic baggie with rice. Will the rice be a wasted attempt if I have already tried to charge it and turn it on?

androiphone
Feb 24, 2010, 07:56 PM
it's hard to say the best way is to put it in the rice as soon as its been wet or IMO just leave it under a lamp the heat off it would drive off the liquid as well if not better than rice, but in both its supposed to be ASAP after it gets wet.
but the ipod touch is a difficult one cause you are supposed to remove the battery when things get wet which you cant on the ipod so the charge/turn on woulnt have damaged it more that it was because it still had the battery in it, there might be hope but likely slim

aross99
Feb 25, 2010, 08:25 AM
The rice just dries it out faster than leaving it out in the open. You have nothing to lose at this point, and make sure you give it some time to work. I would leave it in there for several days - maybe a week.

...and keep your fingers crossed. :)

instaxgirl
Feb 25, 2010, 11:23 AM
You've got the additional problem that your iPod had juice, not water, spilt on it which could lead to additional problems :(

But hey, I dropped my digital camera in a dirty fountain/statue thing, left it out to dry for a few days and it revived so don't give up.