Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bnr76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to video editing and most of my video is fast action video from my helmet camera. (Countour HD 1080p camera)

The mode I shoot in most often is 720p at 60 fps. I'm currently using a Windows based PC and I use Cyberlink Powerdirector software. For my purposes it does a fine job with the 60 fps video and I'm happy with it. However, I am considering making the switch to a mac for various other reasons. What I'm wondering is, how well Final Cut Express or Final Cut pro handles importing 720p video at 60 fps. I know a lot of software out there scales everything down to 30 fps and this is not acceptable for me. Since I have no experience with a mac yet, I looking for some advice from people who use this software. Thanks.

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
720p60 is a broadcast standard; FCP handles it just fine...

the problem you may run into is what codec the camera shoots. if it is an MPEG4 based cam (ie h.264) then you'll need to convert it to an editing codec prior to import.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.