PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 ejects cd-r disc

tammyinkansas
Feb 25, 2010, 03:57 PM
I have a cd-r disc that I burned some data on with my pc. My pc crashed on me so I am now using a Powerbook G4 loaned to me from a friend. Everytime I put the disc in I get a popup window that says ' You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore'. Im given the option to click either IGNORE or EJECT. Either one just ejects the disk back out. What can i do and why wont my mac read the disc?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee52/1badassbrunette/message.jpg

GGJstudios
Feb 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?

tammyinkansas
Feb 25, 2010, 04:15 PM
The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?

No, unfortunately I do not. I had a Toshiba Satellite A104 and within 7 months of buying it brand new, had to send it in to Toshiba 2 different times for repairs. 3 months later, its not working again so I went out n bought 2 macs.