Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tammyinkansas

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
I live in Wichita, Kansas.
I have a cd-r disc that I burned some data on with my pc. My pc crashed on me so I am now using a Powerbook G4 loaned to me from a friend. Everytime I put the disc in I get a popup window that says ' You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore'. Im given the option to click either IGNORE or EJECT. Either one just ejects the disk back out. What can i do and why wont my mac read the disc?

message.jpg

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?

tammyinkansas

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
I live in Wichita, Kansas.
The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?

No, unfortunately I do not. I had a Toshiba Satellite A104 and within 7 months of buying it brand new, had to send it in to Toshiba 2 different times for repairs. 3 months later, its not working again so I went out n bought 2 macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.