PDA

View Full Version : "New Mail" aiff, and DRM problems

Xaethyx
Feb 26, 2010, 12:12 AM
Ok... so I have my MacBook Pro, but I am not a huge fan of the Mail.app, because it screws up my MSN emails (It's deleted EVERYTHING several times). So, I decided I'd just use an addon for FireFox, which works quite well, however I'd like the "New Mail" sound from the Mail.app. I found the file it's in and copied it to the desktop, then tried to convert it to .wav from .aiff (using media-convert.com), however I just get a warning that it's DRM protected and I can't convert... so my question is, does anyone have (any format of) the New Mail sound, without DRM, or how can I remove the DRM to convert it to another format?

Thanks in advance for any help :) :apple:

Nermal
Feb 26, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hmm, it's already in AIFF on my system and as far as I know there's no DRM (I can convert it using QuickTime Pro).

I'm using Mail 4.2, from OS 10.6.2. You?

Xaethyx
Feb 26, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hmm, it's already in AIFF on my system and as far as I know there's no DRM (I can convert it using QuickTime Pro).

I'm using Mail 4.2, from OS 10.6.2. You?

Same here, I've had my MacBook since December, so I'm not sure if they were changed that at all... I am trying to get it in .wav format, but media-convert.com said it's DRM protected. I even tried from mp3 format (converted in iTunes). Would you be able to convert it to .wav for me? :)

chrfr
Feb 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
You can also do this using Quicktime Player 7 if you have it installed. I'm not sure if Pro is necessary for it though.

jackerin
Feb 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
You can also do this using Quicktime Player 7 if you have it installed. I'm not sure if Pro is necessary for it though.
Pro is needed for any conversion/export, but you can also use the free QTAmateur. (Or Audacity or any other audio editor that can read aiff and export wav. No, there is no DRM what I can see, I don't think that the aiff format supports DRM.)

Nermal
Feb 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
I am trying to get it in .wav format

Sorry, I misread your original question; I thought you said that you were trying to go from wav to aiff, so I was a bit confused :)

I'm not able to upload a wav version myself as it's likely under copyright. I can confirm that QuickTime Pro can definitely convert it. You might be able to use Max (http://sbooth.org/Max/) (though I haven't tried it myself).