Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willie45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to print so that the whole of the paper is covered without any white borders round the edges. i am using Leopard and Photoshop CS3 but cannot seem to work this out.

Thanks

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to print so that the whole of the paper is covered without any white borders round the edges. i am using Leopard and Photoshop CS3 but cannot seem to work this out.

Thanks

Well you need to set the image size to the size of the paper. But thats not the only thing, your printer has to be capable of borderless printing, if it is when you go to print you need to change the printing settings to make sure it prints borderless.

Its not generally the program that limits the printing but the drivers and printer that does.

bocomo

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
New York
since the paper and the image are never the same ratio, you have to crop the image to fit the paper

with the crop tool selected, you can type in the width and height in the options bar and crop away

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Hi

Thanks

What printer are you using? As has already been said, your printer must support full-bleed to do this (most don't).

willie45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Ah thanks chaps. I have got it working now. thank you very much for your help

W

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.