Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crow47

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I'm trying to help a friend install Windows 7 on an iMac from early 2008 (C2D 3.06Ghz, 8800GS, 24", aluminum) and I simply cannot find the correct drivers for it. I have the Snow Leopard disc, and the setup on there refuses to run, as do the individual installers. I also cannot find anything pertaining to this on the apple website. The frustrating thing is that 7 has found all the drives but the iSight and the nvidia 8800gs gpu. This is driving me up a wall, guys, this should be easier. :mad: What am I missing? Thanks.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I'm trying to help a friend install Windows 7 on an iMac from early 2008 (C2D 3.06Ghz, 8800GS, 24", aluminum) and I simply cannot find the correct drivers for it. I have the Snow Leopard disc, and the setup on there refuses to run, as do the individual installers. I also cannot find anything pertaining to this on the apple website. The frustrating thing is that 7 has found all the drives but the iSight and the nvidia 8800gs gpu. This is driving me up a wall, guys, this should be easier. :mad: What am I missing? Thanks.

Install the latest version of Bootcamp?

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL977

Crow47

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I saw that, but that seems to be something that you run before installing windows 7 in windows vista. I'll try it anyway.

*Edit*
Yeah, it won't run in 7.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath

I have the exact same iMac. I used the standard Snow Leopard 3.0 drivers. I installed the individual 64bit drivers for everything except the nvidia drivers. I downloaded the mobile drivers directly from nvidia for the 8800GS.

Works great and I have not loaded the updated Bootcamp drivers. For me if it works I'm not touching it. Especially if it's Windows.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.