PDA

View Full Version : Fans don't "always love" Whitney

Kwill
Feb 26, 2010, 06:55 PM
In the following video performance of Whitney Houston, she struggles to find a note, any note, let alone her prior four-octave voice. The band, backup singers and special effects can't mask the evident issues. At the end of the clip, you can see some Australian attendees walking out. It's sad.

:eek: http://www.rnbmusicblog.com/fans-walk-out-on-whitney-houston-concert/10912/

Apparently you can't inhale drugs for years and expect to maintain healthy throat and lungs. Gives new meaning to "Waiting to Exhale." With multiple careers, perhaps she can land an acting gig.

What a loss. Yet, the concert tour continues.

jaw04005
Feb 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Here’s another link:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/24/whitney-houston-performance-i-will-always-love-you-australia/

How embarrassing.

I’m not sure if it’s even the drugs (although I’m sure they didn’t help). I saw Mariah Carey on TV a couple of weeks ago and she sounded terrible. She was pretty bad at the Michael Jackson tribute too. Also, Celine Dion was on Larry King last week talking about how hard it was for her to sing the Titanic song anymore.

The divas from the 80’s/90’s can barely sing anymore. Maybe they wore out their vocal cords?

I’ve never really been a fan of the pop vocal type of music, but at one point those three could really sing.

Chip NoVaMac
Feb 26, 2010, 08:03 PM
Had the same experience with Liza "with a Z 8 years back... She had to be held up by her dancers at one point.... the box office said she had the flu - but did the show... so no re-ticketing or refund :(

Queso
Feb 27, 2010, 08:18 AM
I don't see the problem. Her version of that song always sounded awful.

Kwill
Feb 27, 2010, 05:32 PM
;) Perhaps she should be joined on stage by Anita Baker for a rendition of "I apologize."

MacSA
Mar 9, 2010, 03:55 AM
She's always been a poor live performer. Sounds nice on studio albums, but then so does everyone thanks to modern technology.

niuniu
Mar 9, 2010, 04:26 AM
I feel bad for her, always horrible to see stars fall from grace :(

kunal123
Mar 9, 2010, 10:48 AM
I never really liked her music to begin with.

Chappers
Mar 10, 2010, 10:03 AM
I couldn't decide if Whitney was any good or not - because the high quality camera/sound equipment used to record the clip was obviously malfunctioning.

soLoredd
Mar 10, 2010, 03:57 PM
She wasn't even singing, it sounded more like talking her way through the song.

What a shame.

rdowns
Mar 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
They should use her concert footage for anti-drug ads. Sad.

dXTC
Mar 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
I saw some other clips from her Brisbane concert. During "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," she was panting her way through the verses, and let the audience sing the entire chorus every time. It's like she was doing bad karaoke of her hits.

I know that the larynx can wear down over time, and many older singers change their style to compensate. Still... Drugs are bad, mmmkay?