Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ephailey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
There may be something commercially available on the market to serve as a desk "holder" bracket for my iPhone but I could not find one to suit me.

I use my iPhone a lot for business but am at my desk a bunch and wanted to be able to have a bracket for my iPhone to use almost like a desk phone. The only desk brackets I found had the phone sitting loose on the bracket. I wanted something to hold the phone firm.

I ended up buying a Griffen car bracket to "grab" the phone and screwing the bracket only to a M2 Mobile Stand.

The first picture (top left) is the original Griffen car bracket.

Works great!

Attachments

• Original Griffen Bracket  .jpg
    Original Griffen Bracket .jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02524.JPG
    DSC02524.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC02525.JPG
    DSC02525.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02526.JPG
    DSC02526.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 133

BoomerPlus

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2010
iphone desk bracket

Oh Dear. How many ways are there to say Ugly. This device is truly ugly. That is UGLY! Why would anyone put the design icon smart phone on a device that is so ,,,,,er,,,,UGLY.

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK
I agree the apple product looks better, but I'm always aware of 'touching' the iphone while in it's dock, it seems it's mainly secured by the multiconnector, and that looks a bit fragile. I would be happier with a more substantial stand, holding the phone by the whole of its body and giving it some support against those heavy screen 'presses'.

ephailey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
I agree the apple product looks better, but I'm always aware of 'touching' the iphone while in it's dock, it seems it's mainly secured by the multiconnector, and that looks a bit fragile. I would be happier with a more substantial stand, holding the phone by the whole of its body and giving it some support against those heavy screen 'presses'.

I agree. That's why I made the stand. It can now really act like a desk phone. It is sturdy and can be called with one hand. The docking station really does not do the same thing.

ephailey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Oh Dear. How many ways are there to say Ugly. This device is truly ugly. That is UGLY! Why would anyone put the design icon smart phone on a device that is so ,,,,,er,,,,UGLY.

You did understand that the upper left picture was the item that I got the iphone holder bracket from, right? That is not the finished item that I use. I think the finished item looks fine, although I did not spend a lot of time trying to make sure I got the best pictures.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
+ 1 for the Apple Iphone dock, everything else looks tacky overly large

I may paint mine black to see how it looks :)

cleondann

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
Cool.. It 's really looking a robotic stand for my iphone.
It's helpful as really care for my iphone. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.