Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechieJustin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Yes. I am a straight single male, and can cook.
Cleaning? Well - there's room for improvement.

:apple:

Attachments

• DSC00392 (800 x 450).jpg
    DSC00392 (800 x 450).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 534

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I can cook pretty much anything. My ex could burn water. She was a nightmare in the kitchen.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My kitchen. Single male, likes to think he can cook. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    721.1 KB · Views: 530

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
Our kitchen... yay for small college apartments! Actually I really love our place, or will once I'm back there. Been in France For the last 2 months, not that I'm complaining :p

Attachments

• Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 270

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, the gay thing is a myth. I'm straight and can cook, I know tons of gay men who can't.

I'll have to dig out the SLR for pics later.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Yes. I am a straight single male, and can cook.

I can cook too! Finally, another straight guy who can cook.

I can cook and I'm not gay. I say to hell with bad stereotypes. I cook pretty damn well, too, I might add.

My kitchen? You ain't gonna see it, but while not spotlessly clean (I'm one of those who clean while they cook, as time permits), but it's clean enough to eat cleanly.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Of course, you could always take little visit to the kitchen from hell...
My roommates would frequently leave the kitchen messy, but my bf left a note that pretty much took care of that. He wasn't joking about the waking them up with a musical interlude (he was a classical composition major that played the french horn). Only took one early morning interlude to solve the disappearing milk problem. :eek:

Howdy,

Ok I am FED UP with the conditions in the kitchen, and that is putting it politely. I don’t want to point fingers since everyone in this house is to blame, including me. That being the case, here is some general info and some basic rules to follow. The punishment is death.

I’m not kidding.

- Just because the dishwasher is turned off/broken/in the living room or whatever, doesn’t mean the dishes will go away. If you dirty dishes, and the dishwasher isn’t functional at the time, wash the dish by hand. If you don’t know how to do this, see me for a lesson in “How to be a responsible roommate 101.” If you don’t want to wash dishes by hand, don’t use our dishes. Go to Wal-Mart and buy some paper plates off which to eat. (See how I went out of my way and used awkward, yet correct grammar so I wouldn’t end my sentence with a preposition?)
- If the dishwasher IS up and running, use it. This has been stressed several times, but it seems no one takes it seriously. Perhaps because they were waiting for the dishwasher to animate itself while we are all at work and clean up after us. I dunno.
- Any leftovers that are over a week old are fair game to be pitched. If you want to keep it long term for whatever reason (you love it, want to marry it, it’s growing mold cause you are too poor to buy penicillin) mark it somehow so we know it’s special.
- If any food IS growing mold, is mushy (like a bag of soggy, decomposing lettuce), etc. It will be thrown out no matter how long it has been in the fridge. (So I guess the homemade penicillin is out.) No one here is in school anymore so there shouldn’t be any science projects in the fridge.
- If you eat it all, wash or pitch the container. If you eat all the pizza/ice cream/cookies and leave the empty box/carton/package in the fridge/freezer/cabinet I will buy another pizza/box of ice cream/bag of cookies and smear it all over your bed when you are at work.
- Back to the sink. The left side of the sink is never to hold dishes. We have been pretty good about this until we forget to load the dishwasher or wash dishes by hand.
- Don’t wait until 5:20 am for me to discover there is no milk in the house. I will wake you up with a musical interlude. You won’t like it.

I’m not trying to be an ******* here, but if we four are to live together in this small house in harmony, we have to be considerate of each other. The kitchen, however is my realm and although my desk is always messy as hell I will not tolerate a sullied kitchen. I have spoken.

Kisses

Anywho, this was the kitchen before and after. Yay for IKEA and stuff. :)

Attachments

• house1 001.jpg
    house1 001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_2830.jpg
    100_2830.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 214
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.