Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Three weeks ago i ordered a 12-inch Pb from apple.
Everything is great!
The 'book was delivered 8 days after i ordered it :)
I have been carrying this around everyday,
the battery lasts the entire day at school.
I think only me and my friends ibook can get throught the day in our class.
(lol, the pc users have to reload in every break to get through the day!!)
btw, the terminal ioregbattery command gives me about 4688.
(thought the battery was rated for 5000?)

I was very concerned about the heat problems, but they don't exist.
I've been playing Dungeon Siege non-stop for 4 hours and the laptop is only a bit warm! (its the only game i've played on it)

DS-multiplayer is the only game i've played on tit so far, and im not very impressed... Starts fine in about 35-45 fps with most eyecandy on, but after playing for awhile it starts lagging like hell... :(
But gaming isn't what i bought this computer for...

-tb

Powerbook 12-inch 1.33/768/60GB
1st Gen 10GB iPod
+10 other macs from SE and Portable to iBook and PMG4

FriarCrazy

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
Ames, IA/Eden Prairie, MN
Aren't they great?? I know you said you aren't into gaming on it, but if you are looking for an FPS that performs well try Call of Duty. It runs wonderfully on my PB. Glad to hear of another happy 12" PB owner!!

vraxtus

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
cluthz said:
DS-multiplayer is the only game i've played on tit so far, and im not very impressed... Starts fine in about 35-45 fps with most eyecandy on, but after playing for awhile it starts lagging like hell... :(
But gaming isn't what i bought this computer for...

-tb

Bad coding. It runs down my G5 after a while also, I think there's some improper memory handling that causes it to overload RAM with file data...

friarbayliff

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
MN / IN
Well congratulations on joining the ranks of 12" pb owners. I would say that it's gaming abilities are more than adequate for the mobile environment I use it in. Good luck and enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.