Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobcat37

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Colorado
Does anyone have, or has anyone used, this mouse? I was thinking about buying it to go with a new 12" PowerBook, as I can't stand laptop touch pads, and I'd love to have a wireless mouse that works using bluetooth, and has more than 1 button.

Please let me know if this Kensington mouse would be a good choice, or feel free to suggest any other mice that would fit this criteria that you like.

Bobcat37

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Colorado
I agree, and I actually kinda like it's design better than the Logitech one.

This is the cheapest price I've found for the Kensington so far... here

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Hmm, it looks a bit wide. I'd think you need a big hand to be able to grasp it properly ... or does it just look large in pictures?

On a sidenote: why are so many Bluetooth mice blue?! Microsoft, Belkin and now Kensington all have blue Bluetooth mice. That irritates me -- I just want something to match my Powerbook. -- end rant.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
dotnina said:
Hmm, it looks a bit wide. I'd think you need a big hand to be able to grasp it properly ... or does it just look large in pictures?

On a sidenote: why are so many Bluetooth mice blue?! Microsoft, Belkin and now Kensington all have blue Bluetooth mice. That irritates me -- I just want something to match my Powerbook. -- end rant.

Macmice have soemthing promising out next month!

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
spaceballl said:
I have high hopes... in the past, i've felt mac mice products feel cheesy and lame and cheap.

Agreed.

I'm not holding my breath for The Mouse BT. I used the wired version of that mouse; the scroll wheel feels like it's stuck in mud.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
The MacMice one is SO nice. A little pricey but they are the only one to have a Pro-looking mouse with two buttons and Bluetooth. It might be worth the money. I would like to see some reviews on it, though. It has been pushed back and pushed back which I am sure has lost them a few buyers.

exhibitionist

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2004
I've got a wireless Kensington mouse with a recharge hub bit that plugs into my USB port. Not quite that mouse, but this thing is junk. It makes loud screeching noises when I move it. The mouse jumps around the screen. Sometimes a button will stick. Mouseworks software really sucks. I will never buy Kensington again.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
dotnina said:
it's not called aluminumtooth is it? :p

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
cause blue has become the color to symbolize bluetooth, and it's the most popular color. a large majority of people don't have a problem with the color, if it's not already their favorite color. and navy blue can be quite stylish when done right like in MS's bluetooth mouse.

Bobcat37

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Colorado
exhibitionist said:
I've got a wireless Kensington mouse with a recharge hub bit that plugs into my USB port. Not quite that mouse, but this thing is junk. It makes loud screeching noises when I move it. The mouse jumps around the screen. Sometimes a button will stick. Mouseworks software really sucks. I will never buy Kensington again.

Uh oh, now I'm hesitant to buy it... Does anyone else have any experience with Kensington mice (or preferrably, their Bluetooth mouse)?

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
spaceballl said:
The only quality mice i've had were from MS, Logitech, and Apple. Logitech is my personal fave.
-Kevin

I checked out the mx900 and the ms bt...still cant decide because they are so expensive ($200 AUD).

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
aswitcher said:
I checked out the mx900 and the ms bt...still cant decide because they are so expensive ($200 AUD).
Yeah BT mice sure seem to be expensive still. I'm honestly surprised that the Apple one is so cheap, considering that Apple stuff is usually way expensive.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
spaceballl said:
Yeah BT mice sure seem to be expensive still. I'm honestly surprised that the Apple one is so cheap, considering that Apple stuff is usually way expensive.

Well its only got one button and no scroll wheel ;)

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
spaceballl said:

they only need to build one button :p ;)

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
It seems to have the same flaw as the Logitech Mx900. No on/off switch.
I am still using a Logitech Optical Pro Notebook Mouse for when I am on the go and a Mx700 at home and I won't buy anything new if it isn't one of the following:

- Apple releases a 2 button scroll wheel BT mouse (yeah, as if)
- Logitech comes up with a BT mouse that has an on/off switch and mac support (as if)

The only funny thing is that I am not alone on this one and both companies could be making a S***LOAD of money since basically everybody I hear is looking for sth. like that on the other hand... BT doesn't seem to be as widespread in PCs as it is in Macs so I guess I do understand Logitech. But Apple could really make a bunch of money if they offered some kind of pro mouse. Just make the one button standard and offer it as an extra, this way simplicity would still be enforced but we'd have a choice afterwards.
Listen to me Apple, I know what's right. :D ;)

Maxicek

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
I have been looking for a decent BT laptop sized mouse for a few months now. I have come to the conclusion to avoid wireless for a while. I will wait until prices come down on BT mice and buy a wired optical for the time being. The Logitek and M$ mice are too big, I am suspicious of other manufacturers quality. I really want a BT version of the M$ Starck mouse.

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...sQYTLABJ3foy0WE2WmnfjBu/1.3.0.6.10.3.1.1.13.0

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Maxicek said:
I have been looking for a decent BT laptop sized mouse for a few months now. I have come to the conclusion to avoid wireless for a while. I will wait until prices come down on BT mice and buy a wired optical for the time being. The Logitek and M$ mice are too big, I am suspicious of other manufacturers quality. I really want a BT version of the M$ Starck mouse.

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...sQYTLABJ3foy0WE2WmnfjBu/1.3.0.6.10.3.1.1.13.0

Yeah, the BT mice are damn big. I'll wait to see the Macmice one reviewed next month because I am not taken by whats on the market at the moment. I hope someone gets it right.

I want BT, 2 buttons, wheel (with laterial support), OSX support for expose with a couple of extra buttons so I dont have to reach across the keyboard everytime, on/off switch, decent price....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
What about Microsoft's?

I've always liked my Microsoft Wireless mouse but would like a BT one. All I want is 2 buttons, a scroll wheel and buttons that can be configured for back and forward browser use. Does the MS BT mouse fit this bill? Any other?

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Diatribe said:
It seems to have the same flaw as the Logitech Mx900. No on/off switch.
The logitechs have a charging cradle though. Why would you need a switch? Logitech assumes that when you come to the desk, your mouse will be in the cradle. You pull it out to use it. You put it back when you're done. If you're not using it and you forget to put it back, it's not a big deal cuz the mouse can operate for over a month on a charge, but I'm not seeing the usefulness of an on/off switch for this one.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
spaceballl said:
The logitechs have a charging cradle though. Why would you need a switch? Logitech assumes that when you come to the desk, your mouse will be in the cradle. You pull it out to use it. You put it back when you're done. If you're not using it and you forget to put it back, it's not a big deal cuz the mouse can operate for over a month on a charge, but I'm not seeing the usefulness of an on/off switch for this one.

You are kidding me right? A month without charging it? LOL.
And besides, some people do own notebooks and they on occasion leave their desk and home for a while in which situation it would be useful to have an on/off switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.