PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express Availability in San Francisco?

Applespider
Sep 1, 2004, 03:37 PM
Hoping that one of the Bay Area based Macrumors users can help me here.

I'm going to be in the Bay Area next week (Mountain View and SF itself) and wondered what availability was like for the Airport Express. Does the SF store usually have them in stock?

I have one on order in the UK but it's been delayed. Amazon US are saying that they would despatch on Sept 7 but with the additional shipping to be sure it arrives before end of next week at my friend's house, that could get tricky. I'd like to use it out there hence not just waiting for the UK one (besides, the cost will be less!)

vraxtus
Sep 1, 2004, 03:38 PM

I'm going to be in the Bay Area next week (Mountain View and SF itself) and wondered what availability was like for the Airport Express. Does the SF store usually have them in stock?

I have one on order in the UK but it's been delayed. Amazon US are saying that they would despatch on Sept 7 but with the additional shipping to be sure it arrives before end of next week at my friend's house, that could get tricky. I'd like to use it out there hence not just waiting for the UK one (besides, the cost will be less!)

I work very close to the Apple Store SF and I might be able to check for you if I have time... that or maybe I'll just call. :D

vkapoormd
Sep 1, 2004, 04:02 PM

i live just down the street from the apple store in SF, and they had plenty of the Airport expresses last week; futhermore, Comp USA (which is a store just 1 block from the apple store on Market Street- had a bunch of them this weekend); either way, you should easily be able to get one. Good luck. Let me know if i can help.
:)

vraxtus
Sep 1, 2004, 04:06 PM
i live just down the street from the apple store in SF, and they had plenty of the Airport expresses last week; futhermore, Comp USA (which is a store just 1 block from the apple store on Market Street- had a bunch of them this weekend); either way, you should easily be able to get one. Good luck. Let me know if i can help.
:)

Guess I don't have to go by there now!

Applespider
Sep 1, 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks very much!

Hmmm... I wonder if my Mum, an SF virgin, would mind stopping by the Apple store before seeing the Golden Gate, Alcatraz, the TransAmerica etc... :p