Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Hi, I am stuck again with another apple that won't upgrade to the new system, hmmm intel was a great idea after i bought my G5. Missed it by 2 months.

I am now thinking about buying another tower but I don't want to buy an 8 core when there might be a 16 or 32 core around the corner....

Does anyone have any idea if apple will put out a new tower this year?
I just don't want to buy a new model that will be deleted in two months.... should I wait?

Thanks for your time!
:D
iKrazay

mac-matt

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
canada
well everyone is still waiting and speculating whether or not the mbp will be updated soon. its always been next week, next week, next week. no evidence of anything. its a possibility.
but that being said apple has a few big projects on the go and i think that the ipad, iphone, and mbp update take precedence
over the mac pro. but i have no evidence to prove this. its just what it seems like to me after reading everything.

according to the buyer guide apple is slacking with their updates. its about as useful as using a fork to eat soup.

snouter

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Hi, I am stuck again with another apple that won't upgrade to the new system, hmmm intel was a great idea after i bought my G5. Missed it by 2 months.

There are no compatibility issues going forward, ie like the G5 to Intel platform switch. Anything you buy now can be used going forward.

There are new Mac Pros coming. Nobody knows anything about them, so, once again, Apple's devotion to secrecy makes it hard to know what to do.

There are definitely 6 core, and probably dual 6 core Mac Pros coming. How this affects pricing and lineup, nobody knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.