PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 options?

naiveandproud
Mar 1, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hello all,

I've got an old Powerbook G4 (15-inch 1.67/1.5GHz). Right now it's just sitting under my bed. So I'm going to sell it on eBay I think. The computer has a cracked screen that's gradually spread to probably about 30% of the screen area. Also, I no longer have the power chord.

SO! Here's where I need your advice. Is this thing worth selling? I see fully functioning models similar to mine selling for about $250 on eBay. Are the parts of this thing still useful at all to anyone? Would I clear enough to cover shipping costs? Or should I just send it to Apple and "Recycle" it?

Thanks for your help!! You all are so smart when it comes to this stuff. I've loved reading these forums!

pvmacguy
Mar 1, 2010, 10:34 AM
Did you really need two threads stating the same thing?

Just throw it on ebay and get some extra cash especially if its just sitting under your bed.

ObsidianIce
Mar 2, 2010, 07:00 PM
list it on craigslist locally as well as look at ebay...see what broken machines are selling for. I doubt $200 or so is out of the question if you're patient.

phrint
Mar 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
You could always get a bid to trade-in at Powermax.com. They offered me $450 in trade for my PB G4 1.67. I think I can get a little more for it on eBay. Keep in mind that they do not offer cash but trade credit toward another computer.